Technical Product Specialist
Location – Edinburgh
Salary - £35,000 to £50,000
Are you a Support Engineer looking to further your career and show off your technical knowledge to a worldwide customer base? If yes then this is the opportunity for you!
With over 300 customers in over 50 countries around the world this is an opportunity that can’t be missed, now’s your chance to rub shoulders with some of the most exciting companies in the world!
They are seeking an Applications/Support Engineer to join our product support team in Linlithgow. In this role you will work closely with the product design teams, become an expert on the use of their products, and provide first class technical solutions and support to their global customer base on one or more product lines. This is a highly varied role combining deep technical expertise with customer interaction. A degree of travel will be involved but will not be excessive.
- Becoming an industry expert in their areas of expertise as outlined above.
- Being the ‘go to’ product expert on one or more their product lines.
- Building relationships with their sales team and sales partners by providing excellent support.
- Setting up a demo lab to conduct Product Demos and re-create customer scenarios.
- Developing technical marketing collateral such as Application Notes, White Papers, Test Reports.
- Working with the product design team to investigate issues and influence requirements.
- Developing scripts to provide custom solutions to key customers.
- Supporting trade fairs, plug-fests and customer visits to promote their products/expertise.
- Providing timely responses to product/technology questions from customers & their sales team.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong willingness to learn the product and its application.
- Strong problem solver
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Previous experience in direct technical interactions with customers.
- Programming/scripting experience.
- Educated to Degree level in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent.
Experience in any of the following areas will also be beneficial:
- Knowledge of Networking, Ethernet packet structures and/or Telecoms Framing structures.
My client rewards success and offers competitive salaries. The benefits package includes a contributory pension plan, life assurance cover, personal Health Care Options plus other lifestyle benefits.
If you are interested in hearing more about this role please contact me on either firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 435 5598