Software Engineer x 2
Salary: Up to €80,000
We are pleased to have formed a relationship with a global leading engineering organisation who are currently look to expand their software teams internationally.
Design, develop, implement, and analyse software solutions related to defects, quality improvement, cost reduction, and customer needs of elevator systems.
Essential Job Functions
- Relies on experience and judgement with very limited instructions to plan and achieve goals.
- Utilises a wide degree of creativity and latitude in performing the essential functions of the role.
- Create and maintain software specific requirements in DOORS or similar requirement management systems, maintain software design requirements and other related documentation.
- Design elevator software systems and components associated with elevator systems.
- Maintain software compliance with A17.1 code requirements.
- Implement new features based on customer or marketing specifications.
- Implement software solutions related to quality improvement, cost reductions, and new customer requirements.
- Assist other departments with software related questions and technical support.
- Ability to perform special projects and other duties as assigned with limited direction or guidelines.
- Leads and directs the work of others
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (Masters Preferred), Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics
- 5+ years of experience in engineering, with a focus in embedded software systems or related field required
- Embedded programming using the C and C++ software language.
- Working knowledge of embedded real-time kernels or real-time operating systems, and other embedded operating systems – GreenHill’s Integrity, Linux, etc
- Substantial domain knowledge in one or more of the following areas, elevator systems, drive systems, elevator related peripherals like touch screen devices, user interface design, internet based technologies
- Working experience with requirement management systems like DOORS
- Working experience with defect tracking tools, such as FogBugz, and source control tools, such as Perforce
- Multi-threaded application development experience preferred
- Practical experience working with embedded hardware
- Must possess strong technical communication, customer service skills, problem solving skills, decision making abilities and ability to work well with others
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experience with hands on technical wiring and assembly of mechanical equipment is a plus