Position: Senior Firmware Engineer
Salary: £60k + attractive bonus & benefits
We are working with an exciting, world class, global company, specializing in the manufacture of market leading IOT systems for the Energy sector.
They are currently seeking an outstanding Senior Firmware Engineer, to join their product development team to work on their current and next generation of connected products.
Working within a small team and, when required, liaising with third parties, you’ll have responsibility over the choice of a design solution & seeing it through from concept to implementation.
The role is focused on IoT connecting wirelessly to customers & their own systems, making use of different technologies to keep our products ahead of the market. You will be a senior voice in the team defining how we solve problems, whilst your knowledge & experience will ensure our client continues to develop & deliver reliable and dependable solutions for industry.
- Producing up to date documentation (technical integration descriptions, requirements, scoping)
- Engineering the technical solution (sometimes in collaboration with internal and external 3rd party development teams)
- Advising the project team on technical options and recommendations
- Reviewing and signing off documents, firmware and software
- Unit and integration testing to identify and troubleshoot potential problems
- Scoping and evaluating innovative new technologies
Required skills and experience
- Degree level education or relevant experience, in an engineering or science discipline
- Proven experience in developing and delivering embedded industrial products
- Proven experience identifying, analysing and resolving system problems
- Demonstrable C programming bare metal embedded microcontrollers
- Experience in writing unit tests to verify code functionality
- Excellent verbal & technical documentation skills
Advantageous skills & experience
- Experience with industrial protocols e.g. MODBUS, Profibus DP/Profinet, HART Etc.
- Experience with wireless protocols e.g. Bluetooth BLE, LTE
- Experience with IoT protocols e.g. LWM2M, MQTT, CoAP
- Experience of working to a design process and project planning
- ATEX and intrinsically safe product engineering
- Hardware engineering experience/knowledge
To apply for this outstanding opportunity please forward your CV in the first instance to:
Callum Dupree firstname.lastname@example.org