Reporting to: Managing Director
Commission or bonus subject to turnover & employment package negotiable
My client is looking for an experienced and qualified Marine Superintendent to join their team and Penzance Dry Dock. This role is required to start the commercialisation of the Dry Dock as we look to expand its operations.
The Marine Superintendent will be responsible for the operations and works of the facility, working closely with the Managing Director for operations and the technical manager for works, with particular emphasis on the costing of jobs for the Dry Dock. Good client facing and administrative skills will be required.
The ideal candidate is experienced in the field, and eager to help a growing business assert its place in the market, while handing down skill sets to the next generation of marine engineers.
Skills and Qualifications
- Qualified and experienced MSI.
- Qualified and experienced surveyor.
- Fully established in the field.
- Familiarity with maritime rules, regulations, and guidelines.
- Experienced in managing marine projects.
- Experience in pricing and costing marine projects.
- Highly organised with excellent communication skills.
- Friendly and professional.
- Understanding of multiple sectors.
- Commercial fishing.
- Commercial Shipping.
- Understanding of multiple sectors
- Renewable Energy
- Knowledge of carbon zero policies and supply chains.
- Experienced in contract bidding.
- Ability to identify and exploit market opportunities.
- Willing to lead client facing scenarios.
- Project Management Experience.
- Have an intimate knowledge of dry-docking procedures.
- Pricing and costing of marine projects.
- Daily contact with the managing director.
- Overseeing operations and works in the facility.
- Sourcing work for the facilities.
- Assisting the team when necessary, to ensure smooth running of projects.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Assisting with the training and development of site staff and personnel.