Marine Mechanical Engineer
Location: Hayle, Cornwall
Reporting to: Director of Engineering
Functional report to: Senior Manager Engineering
Required: Full clean driving licence Current passport
My client is a creative engineering company that produces innovative products for the global Marine and Recreational Vehicle markets.
The company has won a handful of technology innovation awards in the past 2 years. We have several new innovative, leading edge R&D projects underway and we are constantly updating our current product set in our quest for continuous improvement.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-starter, experienced Marine Engineer that wants to join a highly talented team, and help us grow, in a combined installation, fabrication, and product testing role. The position is available for an immediate start and offers competitive compensation and benefits for the right candidate.
We are looking for Marine Mechanical Engineers with an R&D background or a Fitting background or a mix of both.
Candidate must be prepared to do International Installation work at short notice (if fitting background)
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Marine Engineer with extensive Electronics experience
- Excellent welding and machining skills
- Strong understanding of Electronics principles
- CAD skills
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and distributors
- Able to understand, create and maintain electronics schematics
- Able to follow instructions and priorities
Marine engineering tasks either on R&D team or Installation tasks
- Mechanically mount alternators, check, and adjust brackets to ensure correct alignment and fit.
- Specify correct cable sizes and protection for various circuit runs before installation. Run communications cabling.
- Run, terminate, and connect light and heavy DC cabling.
- Mount components of varying sizes with correct fittings to differing surfaces.
- Make mains voltage connections and ensure safe system installation.
- Fully test and commission each system, rectify any issues as required.
- Complete associated documentation on final installation.
Office based tasks:
- Design and fabrication of engine brackets
- Testing hardware products
- Assist with the training and certifying of system installers.
- Assist with the production of documentation for system installations.
- Assemble manufactured parts and test components.
- Research and source components.
- Order components and ensure adequate stock levels are maintained
- Providing technical pre-sales support to the sales team
- Preparation of customer, distributor or boatbuilder schematics and BOMS
- Assist with Product test cycles and FMEA
- Assist Battery testing
- Participate and contribute to any new R&D projects
- Participate in Beta installations and validation
- Documentation of engineering processes with a goal of continuous improvement
- Provide Technical Support - Troubleshoot technical problems
- Ensure the working environment and workshop is always clean and tidy.
- Work in compliance with current Health & Safety legislation.
- Undertake other tasks within the general level and scope of the role.