Marine Mechanical Engineer
Reporting to: Director of Engineering
Functional report to: Senior Manager Engineering
Scope of role: General Marine engineering tasks as assigned by Senior Manager Engineering
Required: Full clean driving licence, Current passport
My client is a creative engineering company that produces innovative products for the global Marine and Recreational Vehicle markets.
The company has won a handful of technology innovation awards in the past 2 years. We have several new innovative, leading edge R&D projects underway and we are constantly updating our current product set in our quest for continuous improvement.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-starter, experienced Marine Engineer that wants to join a highly talented team, and help us grow, in a combined installation, fabrication and product testing role.
The position is available for immediate start and offers competitive compensation and benefits for the right candidate.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Marine Engineer
- CAD skills
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and distributors
- Able to understand, create and maintain electronics schematics
- Able to follow instructions and priorities
- Team player
- Excellent welding and machining skills
- Understanding of Electronics principles
- Creative independent thinking with good problem-solving skills
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Willing to do a combination of hands on marine engineering tasks, computer-based CAD tasks and technical pre-sales work
- Genuinely interested to work on cutting edge R&D projects, Bench testing and product validation
- Willing to learn new hands on skills
- Strong interest in practical application of marine electrical engineering innovation in the Marine and Recreational Vehicle industries