Junior Mobile Application Engineer
Salary: £25,000-£30,000 per annum, with half-yearly performance reports. Performance bonus for exceptional work
Reporting to: Director of Development with a dotted line to our Chief Technology Officer
Functional report to: Director of Development
Scope of role: Software development. Mobile app development
My clients are a creative engineering company that produces innovative products for the global Marine and Recreational Vehicle markets. The company has won a handful of technology innovation awards in the past 2 years.
They have several new innovative, leading edge R&D projects underway and are constantly updating their current product set in our quest for continuous improvement.
They are looking for an enthusiastic, self-starter, postgraduate that wants to join a highly talented team, and help them grow, in a combined Software development and mobile app development role.
The position is available for an immediate start and offers competitive compensation and benefits for the right candidate.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 1 year work experience as a software engineer
- Competent at Mobile app development technologies.
- Graduate degree or diploma in Information Technology - Software development
- C or C++, Java, JS/HTML5, programming skills
- Good understanding of Electronics principles
- Good Database admin skills. Able to understand, create and maintain data base schemas
- Amazon RDS or Aurora
- Familiar with Agile principles and software development best practices
- Familiar with source control tools
- Team player
- Able to work to deadlines
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Willing to do a combination of hands-on electronics programming tasks and related software interface programming related tasks
- Willing to learn low level electronics programming
- CAN Open
- C, C++
- Genuinely interested to work on cutting edge R&D projects, Bench testing and product validation
- Willing to learn new hands-on skills
- Strong interest in practical application of software control systems for electrical systems for the Marine and Recreational Vehicle industries
Electrical Engineering and Software development tasks including:
- Development and maintenance software to manage various electronics management applications A. Mobile Apps for IOS and Android B. Product firmware C. Product touch screen applications
- Development of related firmware and enhancements
- Preparation of test cycle plans and product validation
- Oversee Product test cycles
- Assist Electronics Engineering team with all electrical engineering tasks such as, Application Development, testing, FMEA and documentation
- New R&D projects
- Participate in product and software brainstorming; design and roadmap
- Participate in Beta installations and validation Application Process