Junior Mechanical Engineer
Salary: Up to £30,000
To work with the Product Engineer to produce mechanical designs to meet the current roadmap requirements and within the timescales and budget. Provide documentation to allow Production to successfully produce new and existing products.
- Generation of CAD models from concept through to manufacturing drawings Hand-over and on-going support to manufacturer
- Building of prototypes to prove design concepts.
- Management of design data, drawing registers, bill of materials.
- Generation of manufacturing documentation
- Concept generation
- Responsible for Component sourcing at the Prototyping stage
- Contributing to Component sourcing and Manufacturer selection in the following stages.
- Product testing and fault finding
- Creative with strong attention to detail
- Well organised
- Career minded and works well within a team
- Enthusiastic and Confident
- Ability to design using manual and digital methods.
- First class CAD skills.
- Preferably Solidworks but other considered.
- Understanding of mechanical design principles for electronic enclosures: material, sealing, external interfaces, able to design appealing, desirable, and practical products.
- Ability to communicate with external agencies.
- Resolution of issues.
- At least a 2:1 degree in a relevant disciple
- At least one-years’ relevant industrial experience.
- Experience in a range of production techniques including injection moulding, CNC machining and pressed metal parts.
- Experience in Concept development for volume manufacture, addressing requirements for injection moulding tooling, volume electronics product assembly and testing.
- Producing Assembly drawings, Bill of materials for new production introduction