Job Title: Junior/Mid-Level Hardware Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 p.a
Are you looking to join a company that can offer you support, training where you will be be given the opportunity to learn/develop your knowledge and technology capabilities.Do you like the idea of joining an exciting start-up that's growing rapidly and encourages a healthy work/life balance.
My client is a young and innovative company that develops cutting edge technology and is already highly profitable. They have developed an exciting product and are working closely together with their international customers to provide the most efficient solution for their needs.
They offer flexible working hours to fit in with family commitments and/or childcare, working from home and exposure to worldwide clients big and small.
This is a hands-on position and they are looking for someone who has the desire to learn and grow. They realise that their business is very specialised so the ability to learn new skills and to pick up new concepts quickly is the most important characteristic they look for.
They are a small team and all team members are involved in all aspects of the company’s business – so this is a great opportunity to learn different areas of engineering!
You’ll be working on customer specific product development as well as customer support, including assembly, testing and characterisation of their products and characterisation and optimisation of key components.
· Good understanding of electronics
· Soldering ability, fault finding and ability to rework PCB’s
· Good IT skills (i.e. software installations, troubleshooting, networking, etc)
· Basic software skills (i.e. C#, embedded C)
· Ability to read mechanical CAD drawings and designs
· Experience with infrared sensors and/or spectroscopy desired
· Foreign languages are a bonus
· Working in a fast paced, high tech environment
· Flexible working hours
· Excellent opportunity to grow and develop with the company
· Opportunity for international travel
If you’re interested in learning more about this opportunity or if you wish to apply for this role please contact me via email at Vincent@oakmontconsulting.co.uk or 0203 435 5598