Our client is the market-leading global flow control and instrumentation company, helping customers manage the flow of liquids, gases & powders across many industries worldwide.
Working collaboratively as part of a high performing team, we have an exciting opportunity for an Electronics Engineer to join our high performing engineering team, working collaboratively across our current products taking ownership of features / alternatives and contributing to production plans as well as supporting new development projects where required.
You’ll be responsible for keeping the current electronic assemblies manufacturable liaising with operations / global factories, and suppliers as required. Any developments required due to alterative parts / fault finding or testing will be in line with design principles / processes and systems.
In the role you will be improving and stabilising the existing products we have using your current technical knowledge whilst expanding this across our products. Being both proactive and hands on you’ll work with disciplines throughout the organisation to deliver solutions in line with agreed deadlines.
- Contribute to production requirements and customer issues affecting the electronics we have designed
- Respond to stakeholder specifications and develop technical solutions
- Develop and provide cost/time estimates in collaboration with other business disciplines
- Present analysis results and project solutions to key stakeholders such as technical leads, senior leaders, and customers as necessary
- Ensure functional and non-functional test specifications meet compliance requirements
- Develop and prepare technical records and reports to demonstrate compliance with associated specification and any relevant standards
- Design changes are to meet internationally recognised standards
- Provide technical support to key internal and external stakeholders e.g. Sales, Service, Production, Buying and Quality Departments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics, Software or Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
- Previous industrial design experience in harsh environmental conditions
- Proven experience of analysing, designing, testing, debugging, and enhancing existing/new products used in an industrial environment
- Experience of task management, defect management, requirements capture, verification and validation tools
- Experience in C programming (embedded C)
- Understanding of electronics and embedded software
- Unit testing/regression testing experience
- Understanding of a variety of electronic principles (Power / Motor / Internal systems / Micro controllers etc)
- Understanding of control algorithms
- Previous electronics design experience