VHDL – Design Engineer
Location – Edinburgh
Salary - £35,000 to £55,000
If you’re a super ambitious VHDL Design Engineer, want to join a Global company and make innovative ideas happen – you should speak with this company, you won’t be disappointed.
With over 300 customers in over 50 countries around the world this truly is an opportunity like no other, now’s your chance to rub shoulders with some of the most exciting companies in the world!
Their Engineers work in multi-discipline product development teams that include software and hardware design and system test Engineers. The teams work closely with marketing and sales, turning market and customer requirements into high quality, winning products.
- Creating new high-speed FPGA based digital designs and/or modifying existing designs to support delivery of new product features as per specification.
- Estimating timescales based on an outline of the requirements and then delivering to those timescales.
- Support quality-oriented activities to deliver a product that will delight our customers.
- Learn the domain and hence appreciate the real-life use cases of our product features.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Educated to Degree level in Electronics or equivalent subject.
- Proven VHDL experience on high speed designs with complex clocking architectures.
- Ability to define digital architectures from a product specification.
- Ability to work closely with others in a multi-discipline team.
- Detail orientated and driven to deliver in dynamic environment.
Experience in any of the following specific areas will also be beneficial:
- Large, complex designs on Xilinx Ultrascale and/or Ultrascale+ series using Vivado & ModelSim.
- Matching execution times and path delays.
- Board level schematic design incorporating Microprocessor, DDR, QDR SRAM/SDRAM.
- Knowledge of Ethernet packet structures and Telecoms Framing structures.
Comprehensive benefits package includes a contributory pension plan, flexible holidays, life assurance and critical illness cover and personal Health Care Options.
This role will not be around for long so get in touch now – 0203 435 5598 or Vincent@oakmontconsulting.co.uk