Software Engineering Manager
Salary: Up to £75k
Working in an agile development environment, liaise with senior management to agree which features to implement, based on feedback from the sales team, customers and the robotics and embedded team as well as the overall vision for the system. Consult with software architects on implementation specifications and plan out the development strategy, agreeing and ultimately achieving goals and deadlines through effective management of the software development team. Identify over- and under-resourced areas within the team as well as ongoing assessments of the current resources through analysis of key performance metrics. Provide training to the team to ensure all developers work to the same codes of practice, procedures and policies and promote effective use of the development tools that have been implemented. Ensure all development work, especially APIs are well documented for both internal and external developer use. Thoroughly understand development and security techniques and relevant standards, creating procedures for all the documentation, auditing and testing reports required for conformance. Organise conformance testing and certification required by our customers.
- 5+ years experience in a software developer role
- 3+ years in a management role
- Experience in agile software development methodologies
- Proven track record in project planning, implementation and meeting deadlines
- Knowledge and implementation of relevant ISO standards for software development and data security, conformance testing and documentation
- Experience with security testing techniques and documentation
- Experience in cloud SaaS solutions
- Experience with C/C++ and Python
- Use of CI/CD systems
- Management of remote teams and remote workers
If the above is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply. We are open to speaking to Managers of ANY tech background. If you would like to learn more about this position please contact Oli at firstname.lastname@example.org.