We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our engineering team. You will work on the social robot platform - including the software running on our robots, modules for natural language understanding, computer vision, computer graphics and servo controls as well as the virtual simulation environment used by application developers on top of the platform. As our product adoption grows, you will play a key role in the evolution of the platform.
By joining, you will join us on a journey to create world-leading conversational robots that interact with us the way we interact with each other and be in the driver’s seat of developing a new genre of applications between human and machines. You will be part of a very ambitious team of scientists, entrepreneurs and engineers building the most advanced social robotics platform on the market. Furthermore, you will be an early employee at one of the most promising and high impact startups, backed by some of Europe’s most prominent investors.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Implement and architect platform features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Ensure the technical feasibility of solutions
- Do code-reviews from other software engineers
- Collaborate with other engineers, product owners and stakeholders
- Make sure the right technologies, tools and processes are used
- Be an advocate for best practices and coding standards for the platform team
- Coach and mentor other engineers and take part in the recruitment of fellow engineers
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
To be an ideal candidate, you must have:
- Solid Java development experience, specifically object-oriented and event-driven
- >5 years industry experience shipping production software
- Strong experience with Java concurrency
- Memory, performance-profiling know-how
- Modern Java toolchain and development process know-how
- Proven ability to perform well in a fast-paced, agile environment
- >= BSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience in C#, C++, Kotlin, other JVM languages.
- Natural Language Understanding (NLU) technologies
- Machine learning and specifically in Natural Language Understanding and Computer Vision
- Graphics programming
- Experience developing in Unity
- Experience leading and managing software engineers
Note: We will currently only be able to accept candidates that are eligible to work in Sweden without a visa sponsorship.