Senior Test Engineer
Position: Senior Test Engineer
Salary: Up to £60,000 & attractive benefits
As the technical lead, you will be responsible for the design & manufacture of test rigs & equipment & delivering effective, fit for purpose test solutions to internal & external customers globally.
Reporting to the Test Automation & Verification Manager you will work collaboratively as part of a high performing test team, providing expert technical leadership, you will design & manufacture test rigs & equipment & deliver effective, fit for purpose test solutions to our internal & external customers globally. Using the development life cycle, you will be responsible for all aspects of product test activities.
Using your significant technical knowledge, you will influence & inspire best practice. You will need to be proactive, h&s on & driven to ensure the delivery of all activities in line with agreed deadlines.
The Company is the market-leading global flow control & instrumentation company, helping our customers manage the flow or liquids, gases, & powders across many industries worldwide. Our purpose is Keeping the World Flowing for Future Generations.
For over sixty years, the world has relied on us to create the things that keep everything moving. From oil & gas to water & shipping, pharmaceuticals, & food- these are the flows on which our modern world depends.
Today we're respected & admired for our people, performance, & products. Our success flows from our commitment to engineering excellence, & that's what we will always pursue, safely & sustainably.
- Track record of successful delivery of medium to large projects
- Motivate, influence & direct technical professionals
- Clear & effective communication skills, able to build relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- A team player that shares knowledge & insights, but also able to demonstrate a strong level of initiative
- Can effectively communicate technical information with a non-technical audience when required
- Works effectively with people across a wide range of disciplines & levels (both internal & external resources)
- Vibration, climatic, mechanical/hydraulic testing
- Mechanical experience
- Electronics experience
- Design of electrical circuits for test set up/rigs
- Design of mechanical test set ups & rigs
- Actuation knowledge
- Motor testing
- LabView, Python scripting
- Fault finding, root cause analysis experience
You will be someone who:
- Has strong decision-making ability – able to make decisions quickly
- Has strong problem solving to develop customer & business focused results
- Can balance the short-term focus on results with longer-term interests
- Is adaptable & able to cope with the unexpected, managing issues effectively