Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
This is an outstanding opportunity for an Experienced Mechanical Engineer, looking for a new challenge in the heart of Edinburgh with an exciting IoT company, who are transforming the way in we connect with the environment.
While progress of the IoT revolution has been impressive, to date IoT has been unable to address the dual challenges, presented by the world’s oceans and underground, in relation to industry and the environment. That is until now! Our client is already making huge strides in delivering advanced and high impact solutions in this area.
Their exciting progress has become reality by enabling Smart Devices to extend wireless IoT networks through both water and ground, providing a low-cost alternative to cables & connectors, benefiting the Oil, Gas and Environmental industries.
- Degree (BSc/MSc) in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years’ experience of mechanical design
- Knowledge of CAD software (i.e. Solidworks, Inventor, Creo)
- Experience with 3D modelling & creation of 2D drawings
- Experience of Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Design for Manufacture / Test (DFM/DFT)
Your Primary Responsibilities will be:
- To lead mechanical design activities and mechanical engineering team
- Develop new & existing IoT product designs and take them through full engineering lifecycle
- Develop mechanical solutions using the most suitable materials and manufacturing techniques for cost-effective production
- 25 days holiday per year (Plus bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Share Options Scheme
For more information about this role please contact Seb on 0203 435 5598 or email firstname.lastname@example.org