Senior Firmware Engineer
Salary – 60k
Location – Bath
Here at Oakmont, we are working with an exciting, market-leading, global company. They are seeking a Senior Firmware Engineer to join their product development team to work on their current and next generation of connected products. Working within a small team and, when required, liaising with third parties, you’ll have responsibility over the choice of a design solution and seeing it through from concept to implementation.
The role is focused on IoT connecting wirelessly to customers and their own systems, making use of different technologies to keep our products ahead of the market. You will be a senior voice in the team defining how we solve problems whilst your knowledge and experience will ensure we continue to develop and deliver reliable and dependable solutions for industry.
- Producing up to date documentation (technical integration descriptions, requirements, scoping)
- Engineering the technical solution (sometimes in collaboration with internal and external 3rd party development teams)
- Advising the project team on technical options and recommendations
- Reviewing and signing off documents, firmware and software
- Unit and integration testing to identify and troubleshoot potential problems
- Scoping and evaluating innovative new technologies
Required skills and experience
- Degree level education or relevant experience, in an engineering or science discipline
- Proven experience in developing and delivering embedded industrial products
- Proven experience identifying, analysing and resolving system problems
- Demonstrable C programming bare metal embedded microcontrollers
- Experience in writing unit tests to verify code functionality
- Excellent verbal and technical documentation skills
Advantageous skills and experience
- Experience with industrial protocols e.g. MODBUS, Profibus DP/Profinet, HART Etc.
- Experience with wireless protocols e.g. Bluetooth BLE, LTE
- Experience with IoT protocols e.g. LWM2M, MQTT, CoAP
- Experience of working to a design process and project planning
- ATEX and intrinsically safe product engineering
- Hardware engineering experience/knowledge
Does this sound like the role for you?