Senior Firmware Engineer
Reporting to: Director of Engineering
Functional report to: Director of Engineering
Scope of role: Software and Firmware development.
Half yearly performance evaluations.
Possible performance bonus for exceptional work that leads to new business development
My client is a dynamic and creative engineering company that produces innovative products for the global Marine and Recreational Vehicle markets. The company has won a handful of technology innovation awards in the past 2 years. They have several new innovative, leading edge R&D projects underway and we are constantly updating our current product set in our quest for continuous improvement.
I am looking for an enthusiastic, self-starter Senior Engineer that wants to join a highly talented team, and help us grow, in a combined Software/Firmware development role. We work to Agile development principles. This position is available for an immediate start and offers competitive compensation and benefits for the right candidate.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5 years experience minimum
- Graduate degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering and/or Information Technology - Software development
- C or C++, Java, Python, JS/HTML5, programming skills
- Can-Based Software
- Understanding of Electronics principles
- Able to understand, create and maintain electronics schematics.
- Able to design, test, and prove electronics components including PCB design.
- CAD skills for 3D design and Modelling
- Creative independent thinking with good problem-solving skills
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Willing to do a combination of hands-on electronics (at board level) and computer related tasks
- Willing to learn low-level programming for our adaptation of CAN Open (ARGO)
- Genuinely interested to work on cutting edge R&D projects, Bench testing and product validation
- Willing to learn new hands-on skills
- Strong interest in practical application of electrical engineering innovation in the Marine and Recreational Vehicle industries