Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer
Salary: Up to £75,000
Fully remote (post-covid partial remote)
We are seeking an experienced Linux Embedded Developer who shows enthusiasm in new technical solutions, services, and devices and are not afraid to think outside the box. We strive to be experts in our field of business. To achieve this goal, we need people driven by curiosity, adventure, and the desire to take our projects to the next level. We are looking for a dedicated team player with excellent embedded engineering expertise.
Based in our North Bristol office, you will be part of our international team, and you will exclusively work for US projects in collaboration with our Seattle office. After a year of employment in the UK, you will be eligible to join our US team.
What you will do:
- Perform driver and middleware development on a variety of embedded hardware platforms.
- Develop middleware based on C/C++. Customize Yocto and Buildroot distributions.
- Write device drivers for bootloaders and the Linux kernel.
- Develop or customize board support packages (BSP) for our clients' hardware to provide additional functionality, such as software updates, enhanced security, and optimization.
- Actively participate in low-level software architectural discussions.
- Work closely with Project Managers to keep schedules, project requirements, specifications, and deliverables.
- Mentor Junior Engineers.
We’re looking for you to bring:
- Embedded software development experience in C or C++.
- Experience with Linux kernel and middleware development on ARM architecture.
- Experience with embedded design, development and debugging.
- Attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- MS or BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field, and five years of experience as an Embedded Software Engineer or related positions.
- Knowledge of Yocto and Buildroot is a strong plus