Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer
Location: East Kilbride
Salary: up to £50,000
Benefits: Attractive bens including profit-based annual bonus, gym membership
Hours: Flexible working hours
Our client is a product development consultancy focused upon embedded systems, sensors, IoT & Industry 4.0. Serving both Entrepreneurs & Industrial Manufacturers my client provides delivery of new product development projects from concept through, design & test, to manufacturing, product launch & life-cycle maintenance. Due to continued growth my client requires an Embedded Firmware Engineer to support development of firmware for customer client solutions.
Duties/ Key responsibilities:
- An opportunity to work on varied & interesting projects across a range of industries & market sectors
- Full software product development life-cycle support.
- Requirements capture & software design / modelling via UML
- C programming of ARM Cortex M Series Micro-controllers
- Low level driver & HAL development.
- Linux buildroot, scripting & kernel support.
- Test & quality assurance of implemented software.
- Software configuration, release & change management.
- Customer facing support for requirements capture.
- Primary project management contact for outsourced embedded systems partners.
- Co-ordination of supply chain partners within the project.
- Coaching & mentoring of embedded team members.
- Although this is a UK-based role, the successful candidate may be required to travel to overseas development & manufacturing sites.
- 5 years embedded systems programming in C.
- Familiar with FreeRTOS, Zephyr, Micrium or ThreadX
- Familiar with embedded systems interconnections, including UART / I2C / SPI / MIPI
- Experience implementing one or more radio protocols BLE / Zigbee / Z-Wave / Thread / WiFi
- Implementation of cloud connectivity via AWS or Microsoft Azure Beneficial Skills:
- Embedded Linux implementations
- Awareness of cybersecurity risks & best practice solutions.
- Higher level language for mobile, web or cloud-based programming
- Awareness of machine learning / AI solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree qualifications in software engineering.
- Post graduate qualified in science or engineering subject.
- Technically competent with strong problem solving & decision-making skills.
- Exceptional focus on quality with high attention to detail.
- Good planning & organization skills, able to estimate task scope & time required.
- Clear written & oral communication skills, ability to make the complex clear.
- Ability to work with independently & as part of a collaborative team.
- Able to manage sensitive information responsibly