Senior Electronic Design Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
If you’re a Senior Electronic Design Engineer looking for your chance to shine at an international organisation who are world leaders in laser technology, then you need to speak with my client.
Their systems are deployed in a wide variety of markets including renewable energy, microelectronics, fundamental research, life sciences and medicine. Their aim is to make a positive impact on everybody’s life by providing customers with lasers with superior reliability and performance.
Having grown rapidly in recent years, their product development pipeline remains incredibly strong, which will ensure their continued expansion, generating numerous exciting opportunities for personal grown within the company.
- Electronics design to production release and support of our cutting-edge laser systems
- Designing electronic circuits and assemblies from concept to production release and maintenance
- Debugging, simulation and validation of electronic and system designs
- Testing and reporting results into the Development team
- Reliability and regulatory testing of products.
- Creating technical documentation.
- Transferring design data sets to production for manufacturing and support during product lifecycle
- Occasional UK and international travel
Education & Experience
- Degree educated in Computing, Engineering or Electronics relevant subject
- Demonstrable experience of board level design and mixed signal electronics
- Exposure of full product design and have a good appreciation of the whole development cycle from concept to production
- Any relative experience within the laser environment is highly desirable but not essential
- Experience in microcontroller, mixed digital and analogue electronic circuit design
- A good understanding of product design from specification through to delivery, with consideration for DFT and DFM.
- Practical experience in Schematics Capture and PCB Design Tools.
- Good prototyping skills and soldering with SMT components
- Excellent debugging skills, ability to integrate and validate electronic and system designs.
- Knowledge/experience in EMC / LVD regulatory testing and product design approval process
- Good communication skills and the ability to create and maintain technical documentation
- Able to work in a team environment and with minimum supervision
Desirable additional Skills:
- Design experience in STM32F series ARM core processors
- Implementation of cost reduction programmes
- Test equipment development to support production and manufacturing
- Friendly, business orientated work environment, where work-life balance for all employees is a prime consideration for the company
- Competitive remuneration package which includes, contributory pension scheme, subsidised private health care and free life assurance
- The company operates flexible core hours which provides the opportunity to start your weekend early!
For more information about this position, please contact Vincent Mackay at Oakmont Consulting on 0203 435 5598 or Vincent@oakmontconsulting.co.uk