As a founding member of the first company-wide Data & Analytics team you’ll shape the responsibilities of Data Engineering to bridge the gap between our client's data-producing systems and insight-driven analysts. Their mission is to empower consumers to make more confident home services, insurance and financial decisions. With their unique set of brands they have the excitement of a startup and the strength of established, trusted household names.
What You’ll Do:
• Design, implement, and optimise a cloud-based Extract-Load-Transform (ELT) platform to reshape the data infrastructure and data warehouse
• Work with cross-functional teams to create end-to-end data solutions that support our analysts and business teams.
• Become an expert on handling build data from more than three websites and dozens of e-commerce product areas serving millions of users every month
• Build a system that enables self-service analytics and paves the way for data science applications across our businesses.
• Building, designing, refactoring or optimising data lakes and data warehouses from a variety of data sources using data modelling techniques
• Building Extract Transform and Load (ETL) pipeline (streaming / batch) using MPP frameworks (Spark, Beam or other)
• Experience in orchestrating complex pipelines using Airflow, Dagster or other
• Proficiency in one or more programming languages: Python, Java, GO or other
• Experience with AWS or GCP and their products (S3, GCS, Kinesis, Pub/Sub, Lambda/Cloud functions)
• Experience with one of the main databases for analytics (Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake or other) Nice to have:
• Experience modelling and transforming data from event collection to report curation, especially for e-commerce or affiliate businesses
• Experience building production grade ML pipelines
• Infrastructure as code (Terraform, Cloud Formation or other)
• CI/CD principles
What's on offer:
• A very competitive salary & bonus package including Equity Options, Health insurance & Pension scheme
• Hybrid approach of in-office and remote working (flexible)
• ‘Work from Home’ budget to help contribute towards a great work environment at home
• Excellent maternity, paternity and adoption leave policy, for those key moments in your life
• Regular virtual events - from company-wide events with insightful external speakers, to virtual ‘coffee chats’ with fellow colleagues, we want to make sure our colleagues continue to feel connected whilst working remotely.
• What we’ll give back to you: • We hold ourselves accountable to being open and inclusive teammates and community members.
• We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development