Position: Product Design Engineer
Location: Hybrid- Remote/Office
We are currently working with an exciting business that are developing cutting edge wearable technology to support the medical industry.
To support their rapid growth, our client is now looking to recruit a talented Product Design Engineer.
- Drive the design of new generation products
- Perform a key role in the initial Product Design processes (from a mechanical perspective)
- You will be required to further develop their clients’ current products and future systems alongside a strong team of electronics engineers, software developers & product designers
- Opportunity to work on different R&D projects and support innovative development within the company
•Degree in a relevant subject: Product Design, Mechanical Design, Electro- Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, etc
•Experience ranging from 2 to 5 years
• Experience of designing wearable devices
• Develop, design, and build samples and prototypes for wearable technology products.
• Create conceptual sketches and CAD visualizations.
• Experience with CAD design software including Rhino 3D, Fusion 360, or similar
• Good Knowledge of prototyping techniques SLS FDM SLA 3D printing, laser cutting and CNC machining
• Strong Knowledge of manufacturing techniques: injection moulding, compression moulding, material bonding
• Determine product assembly processes, assembly order and create assembly instructions
• Develop quotations, schedules, BOM for your designs, with little or no assistance
• Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective
• Work with customers and listen to their feedback to improve the current designs
- Remote working opportunity (up to 3 days per week)
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Stock option scheme
- Cycle to work Scheme
For more information please contact Harry Turner on +44 7901 334 110 & send your CV to Harry@oakmontconsulting.co.uk