Our client is the market-leading global flow control & instrumentation company, helping customers manage the flow of liquids, gases and powders across many industries worldwide.
An exciting opportunity for a Principal Firmware Engineer to jour our client’s high performing engineering team, working collaboratively across exciting new product development projects taking lead and ownership of elements of the project plans as well as supporting our current products.
You’ll be responsible for aspects of the development life cycle, including development of core products, new feature requests and enhancements, development of new innovative products in line with formal design principles and processes.
In the role you will be influencing product development with your technical knowledge and encouraged to continuously adapt ways of working inspiring best practice in the team. Being both proactive and hands on you’ll work with disciplines throughout the organisation to deliver solutions in line with agreed deadlines.
- Lead complex major projects, influence project plans and overall project timescales with a focus on ‘on time delivery
- Respond and influence stakeholder specifications
- Develop and provide cost estimates in collaboration with other business disciplines
- Present analysis results and project solutions to key stakeholders such as technical leads, senior leaders, and customers
- Ensure functional and non-functional test specifications meet compliance requirements
- Develop and prepare technical records and reports to demonstrate compliance with associated specification and any relevant standards
- Design to meet internationally recognised standards
- Provision of technical support to key internal and external stakeholders e.g., Sales, Service, Production, Buying and Quality Departments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Software or Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
- Significant industrial design experience
- Experience in C programming (embedded C)
- In depth knowledge of analysing, designing, testing, debugging, and enhancing existing/new products used in an industrial environment
- Experience of task management, defect management, requirements capture, verification and validation tools
- Understanding of electronics and embedded software
- Unit testing/regression testing experience
Desirable (but not essential):
- Understanding of a variety of project management methodologies (e.g. agile).
- Understanding of network protocols