Principal Firmware Engineer
Location: Central London
Benefits: Competitive Salary, 25 days holiday, flexi-working, homeworking, Stock Options
Oakmont Consulting are working with an exciting Artificial Intelligence scale-up based in the heart of London, currently looking for a Principal Embedded Software Engineer to join their award-winning operation.
They were set up over 5 years ago and have received their series A funding. This well-backed company has an exciting product roadmap and are looking to bring on a talented engineer to take the reins of their firmware development.
The successful candidate will be working with the core team of engineers to collaborate on critical projects, and supporting the business as it scales, implementing principles & best practices in optimal design, coding, testing and debugging systems. The candidate will be an expert in analysing and enhancing efficiency, problem solving, & delivering stability and scalability of their software.
As Principal Firmware Engineer, you will:
- Be an expert in embedded systems using real time OS’ on ARM based devices
- Have developed numerous low-level embedded drivers and applications
- Release a mass market product and manage bug tracking through reactive methods
- Provide effective solutions to technical problems that considers cost, quality & time
- Work with the Hardware Development team, helping them to bring our novel platform to life.
- Working with the Applications Development team, assisting in development of APIs to expose and utilize the lower layer hardware elements such peripherals such as external antennas, USB drives etc
- Advise on technical solutions and architecture within the embedded world to our leadership team
- 5+ years industry experience
- Expertise in embedded development on ARM based CPUs such as Cortex M4/M7
- C/C++ and inline assembler
- Development expertise with ST Micro STM32 MCU architectures and STMCubeIDE
- Implementation experience with CMSIS
- Expertise in implementing DSP techniques from first principles
- Real Time RTOS (eg: Free RTOS) environment expertise
- Experience working on Espressif ESP32 & the ESP-IDF IDE
- Experience with ML Frameworks in constrained environments - specifically TensorFlow Lite
- Experience with IoT/connected device development
- Experience with Python & Linux
- Experience in backend interfacing to Cloud Architectures
- Religious about optimizing code for speed, size and robustness
- Familiarity with IOT technologies such as MQTT, Python & Narrow-Band Cellular comms
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate with the right experience to apply their knowledge in an exciting technology-led company. Working in a relaxed and collaborative environment you will have the opportunity to have a huge impact on our development & success and to make this role your own.
For more information about this position, please contact Hannah Stevens at Oakmont Consulting on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 435 5598.