Principal Embedded Firmware Engineer
Position: Principal Embedded Firmware Engineer
Salary: Up to £65k + attractive benefits
Oakmont is working an exciting technology driven company, who are looking for a Principal Firmware engineer to join the team. As market leader within their field, they produce cutting-edge technology and products for their global customers.
- Lead complex major projects, influence project plans & overall project
timescales with a focus on 'on time' delivery.
- You'll be creating embedded software and working on the full-life cycle
development bringing new products into the market.
- Respond & influence stakeholder specifications
- Develop and provide cost estimates in collaboration with other business
- Present analysis results and project solutions to key stakeholders including,
technical leads, senior leaders & customers
- Ensure functional and non-functional test specifications meet compliance
- Develop and prepare technical records and reports to demonstrate
compliance with associated specification and any relevant standards
- Design to meet internationally recognised standards
- Provision of technical support to key internal and external stakeholders e.g.
Sales, Service, Production, Buying and Quality Departments
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Software or Industrial Engineering or equivalent
• Strong industrial design experience
• Experience in C programming (embedded C)
• Great experience of analysing, designing, testing, debugging and enhancing existing/new
products used in an industrial environment
• Experience of task management, defect management, requirements capture, verification
and validation tools
• Understanding of electronics and embedded software
• Unit testing/regression testing experience
Nice to have:
• Understanding of a variety of project management methodologies (e.g. agile).
• Understanding of network protocols
Company Benefits Include:
• Annual performance bonus
• Generous Pension Scheme
• Healthcare Plan
• Learning Budget
• Share Save Scheme
• 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays