Job title: Principal Design Engineer
Location: North Wales
My client is a high growth global technology driven business located in North Wales. As a customer focused organisation, they specialise in the design and manufacture of advanced technology solutions for multiple industry sectors including SCADA for the electricity supply industry, Integrated Security and Mobilising Command & Control systems.
Overview of the role
- As Principal Design Engineer, you will be an integral part of their outstanding engineering team, utilising a wide range of exciting technologies, where you will be responsible for developing new products, systems and features.
- Working alongside highly talented and experienced colleagues, with many years’ experience in product development and be involved in the full lifecycle, from feasibility to release to production and on-going support.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leading production of innovative designs that fulfil challenging user & performance requirements
- Liaising with senior stakeholders to ensure designs meet with relevant requirements
- Using experience & technical best practice to overcome problems and product challenge.
- Ensuring all designs comply with the appropriate international standards
- Working closely with purchasing &production to ensure good design principles are adopted to mitigate supply chain dependencies.
- Supporting third parties involved in the design, prototype and production
- Ensuring designs are fully tested and documented to company design processes
- Providing detailed work breakdown for team tasks
- Working with the Company’s adaptive development methodology to deliver systems that exceed customer expectations and achieve the highest quality
- Timely identification & communication of technical issues & risks
- Degree / PhD (or HND/HNC with relevant experience) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Design of Power Electronics Systems
- Circuit Modelling and Simulation, SPICE, WEBENCH etc.
- High-speed digital, analogue, optical electronics design
- Advanced knowledge of electronics design for embedded systems, microcontrollers & SoC application processors and DSPs
- Design of high accuracy AC/DC measurement systems
- 5+ years CADStar PCB design highly preferable (other CAD packages considered)
- Ethernet Networked product design
- EMC testing and approvals
- FPGA, CPLD, VHDL/Verilog
- Reliability prediction MTBF
To discuss further, please contact Oli at email@example.com