Perl and Python Engineer
My client is a global leader in the energy monitoring and management sector. Their products are used in over 40 countries by hundreds of clients including KFC, 7-Eleven, Walmart, IBM and McDonald’s.
My client is looking to hire a self-motivated and passionate, experienced Perl and Python developer with a good understanding of Linux operating systems. General knowledge of operating hardware required, such as Serial ports, Ethernet and Bluetooth for example. Along with protocols such as MQTT, HTTP, Modbus, BACnet and others, which will be required to fulfil the product developments.
Previous knowledge of energy monitoring, Cloud systems, web development and IoT helpful but not essential.
Good interpersonal skills that will fit in with this friendly and relaxed workplace. Ideal candidate located in the southwest, for access to Bristol area as and when required. Possibility of remote and flexible working.
Career development is supported and encouraged within the team.
- Maintain and update existing Perl software.
- Design and implement new Python software for the future world order.
- Fault-find and bug fix existing systems.
- Implement and improve automated testing systems.
- Support the customer facing teams to resolve issue in the field.
- Aid the building of a larger development team.
- Continuous improvement of working practices and procedures.
- Working closely with Hardware and Cloud developers.