Mid-Level Embedded Software Engineer
Start Date: Flexible
Holiday: 25 days per annum
Training: Opportunities for formal and informal training will be provided
An exciting opportunity to join our dynamic and innovative embedded software team and support our growing business working on a variety of projects from electric vehicles to commercial cooking appliances.
- Develop software for embedded devices as well as cloud based IoT services
- Work with a variety of embedded hardware platforms
- Learn new technologies and skills needed for modern day IoT solutions and connected devices.
- Interact directly with customers via phone, virtual and face to face meetings
- Be involved in designing innovative solutions to meet customer requirements
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 2 years of commercial embedded software development experience
- Strong in C/C++ programming skills
- Good knowledge of operating system fundamentals and low-level programming
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to quickly learn new skills
- Experience developing embedded Linux solutions
- Excellent documentation skills.
- QNX platform level development experience
- Experience working with Yocto Linux
- Experience with developing Windows, Android and Web applications
- Experience developing software for an embedded system
- Good communication skills
- Experience using revision control systems (such as Git)