Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Greater West London
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Oakmont Consulting are working with a market leading Robotics company, focused in the entertainment industry, based in West London.
This well-established firm are embarking on an exciting roadmap of new product development and are now looking for a talented Mechanical Design Engineer, to take on new challenges & tackle head-on, new projects!
They currently have 40 employees, with design, development, manufacturing & testing all carried out in-house. You’ll be an integral part of their growing engineering team and have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of product life cycle development.
- Design & delivery - Design parts, sub-systems and top-level assemblies in 3D and work on existing systems as well as design from scratch. You’ll also produce technical drawings to the company and latest official standards and be responsible for systems throughout their design life cycle. This means costing parts for prototyping, production, interacting with existing and new suppliers.
- Testing support – you’ll work with their test department to evaluate new designs and jointly write reports.
- Production support – you will work with the production team on supply of prototype and production parts. You’ll also devise the best assembly processes, design jigs and fixtures as and when.
- Engineering team – you will take part in product release activities, Help resolve issues through our process, and support production and customer support teams when appropriate. You will also coach occasionally graduates and interns.
- At least 5+ years industry experience working on the design & development of the full life cycle
- Strong knowledge of:
- Statics, dynamics, mechanical and rotating systems,
- Design for Assembly, Design for Manufacturing,
- 3D modelling and 2D technical drawings,
- Manufacturing techniques (CNC, milling, turning, hobbing, injection moulding, sheet metal…),
- Use of BS and ISO standards
- Good knowledge of:
- Motors, gears, belt drives, chain drives, fixings, linear actuating systems, Metal fatigue,
- Rapid prototyping,
- Technical issue resolution (Problem solving qualifications are welcome),
- Technology and supplier selection,
- Outsourced part and sub-system manufacturing and assembly,
- Technical specifications and report writing
In addition to the salary the benefits include, 25 days holiday, pension & flexi-working hours. For more information about this position please get in touch with Hannah Stevens from Oakmont Consulting: email@example.com