Lead Electronics Test Engineer
Location: Watford, Greater London
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Oakmont are working with an exciting company based in Watford who are creating wearable technology that can help saves lives. This well-established firm are currently looking for a Lead Electronics Test Engineer to join the team.
You will work as an integral part of the design team and own the production testing of products and improve manufacturing of products in the market. To ensure product designs can be manufactured efficiently and cost effectively.
- Assist the R&D team in making products which can be effectively tested in a production environment.
- To work with the R&D team on PCB designs so consideration for production testing is done throughout the process.
- Hardware Design Proving and Performance testing (including FCC and RED(CE) certification)
- Design hardware modifications leading to improvements in current products
- New Product Introductio
- To work with the production team to produce test plans for new products.
- To design any required test jigs for new products or work with 3rd Party suppliers in designing the jigs
- To design and required test software for new products.
- Existing Product Continuity
- Identify and trouble shoot any issues identified with the existing product components, as for new products.
- To review current product testing and improve where possible.
- To work with 3rd party manufactures to improve large scale testing.
- To provide feedback to the R&D team on where improvements can be made to products to improve their testability.
- Formal test report documentation (Software Index, Calibration Procedure, Work Instructions)
- 3 years’ experience of working with design teams to implement products into a high-volume manufacturing environment, and experience of assembly and manufacturing of electronic products. Design of Test Jigs and programming with LabVIEW (nice-to-have Python, Matlab)
- Problem analysis and problem solving of combinations of hardware and firmware
- Ability to work autonomously on supplier sites
- Knowledge of the latest CE and FCC Radio and Safety Spec and supporting Test houses during new product submissions
For more information about this role, please contact Hannah at Oakmont Consulting on Hannah@oakmontconsulting.co.uk
T: 0203 435 5589