Our client, a leading FinTech company based in central London are looking to continue their rapid growth by building a brand-new Data Science team to maximise their product development. With a recent migration from SQL servers to Hadoop, they are seeking Senior Data Scientists to explore their data.
- This is a very senior practical role with hands-on exploratory elements.
- You will be working with green field data and will be the first to perform this R&D analysis.
- It will be your responsibility to discover patterns, test your hypotheses with statistics, gaining insight and presenting your recommendations across a number of areas throughout the business.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Experienced user in Python, R or other programming languages.
- Hadoop experience is crucial.
- Skilled in machine learning and data modelling.
- At PhD or MSc level in Mathematics, Statistics or Sciences.
What they can offer you:
- Access to a number of leading training seminars focused on Big Data + Data Science to allow you to keep at the bleeding edge of data interrogation techniques.
- The chance to work closely with the business and develop your functional knowledge.
- Scope to build and scale and team of elite Data Scientists and naturally mature into a lead/head role.