Junior Software Engineer
Location: Hayle, Cornwall
Salary: D.O.E with half yearly performance evaluations. Possible performance bonus for exceptional work
Reporting to: Director of Development with a dotted line to our Chief Technology Officer
Functional report to: Director of Development
My client is a creative engineering company that produces innovative products for the global Marine and Recreational Vehicle markets. The company has won a handful of technology innovation awards in the past 2 years. We have several new innovative, leading edge R&D projects underway and we are constantly updating our current product set in our quest for continuous improvement.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-starter post grad that wants to join a highly talented team, and help us grow, in a combined Software/Firmware development and electrical engineering role. The position is available for an immediate start and offers competitive compensation and benefits for the right candidate.
Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate degree or diploma in Electrical Engineering or Information Technology - Software development
- C or C++, Java, JS/HTML5, programming skills
- Understanding of Electronics principles
- Team player
- Able to understand, create and maintain electronics schematics.
- Creative independent thinking with good problem-solving skills
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Willing to do a combination of hands-on electronics (at board level) and computer related tasks
- Willing to learn low-level programming for our adaptation of CAN Open (ARGO)
- Genuinely interested to work on cutting edge R&D projects, Bench testing, and product validation ● Willing to learn new hands-on skills
- Strong interest in practical application of electrical engineering innovation in the Marine and Recreational Vehicle industries
Software development tasks including:
- Development and maintenance of various electronics management applications.
- Integrel Mobile Apps
- Product firmwares
- Product touch screen applications
- Development of related firmware and enhancements
- Preparation of test cycle plans
- Oversee Product test cycles, FMEA and enhancement requests
- Assist Director of Development with all electrical engineering tasks such as:
- Product Development, testing, FMEA and documentation
- Battery testing
- New R&D projects
- Participate in Beta installations and validation