Job Title: Hardware NPI Design Engineer
If you’re an exceptional NPI Design Engineer looking for a new challenge in an international company and make innovative ideas happen – you should speak with this company, you won’t be disappointed.
With over 300 customers in over 50 countries around the world this truly is a company like no other, now’s your chance to rub shoulders with some of the most exciting companies in the world!
My client has an amazing opportunity for a Hardware NPI Design Engineer to join their extremely talented R&D team. You will be responsible for the successful transfer of NPI hardware designs from R&D to manufacturability and test coverage of hardware products. Reporting to the Hardware Manager, you will be a part of their multi-discipline product design teams to deliver new products and enhancements to their already existing portfolio.
- Working with the R&D teams, taking designs through the NPI lifecycle to ensure successful manufacturability and test
- Identifying and implementing solutions to increase the test coverage of hardware designs
- Ensure the requirements between R&D and manufacturing are defined and implemented
- Debugging and solving issues at both a board and instrument level
- Implementing design changes as a result of component supply chain issues
- Estimating and delivering to timescales based on an outline of the requirements
- Support quality-oriented activities to deliver a product that will delight our customers
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Educated to Degree level in Electronics or equivalent subject
- Proven schematic design experience – preferably with OrCAD
- Experience of developing test scripts using C/C++ or Python languages
- Experience of designing multi-layer PCBs
- Ability to work closely with others in a multi-discipline team
- Detail orientated and driven to deliver in dynamic environment
- VHDL design
- Knowledge of FPGA's
- JTAG BSCAN test development
- Proven experience of manufacturing and testing high density complex products