HARDWARE DESIGN ENGINEER
Dartford, Kent, UK
50k-80k (depending on experience)
Here at Oakmont we are working with an amazing global company who specialise in the future of smart buildings. With over 30 years of experience, they are looking for a motivated and creative Hardware engineer, keen to learn and contribute to the development of new products and continue to deliver the best.
- UK First Degree level (or equivalent) qualification in electronics or other relevant subject.
- Experience in high speed digital design (DDR3/4, PCIe, Serdes).
- Experience designing embedded products.
- Experience interfacing with microcontroller, memory and peripherals (FLASH, I2C, SPI, RS232, USB)
- Experience in CPLD/FPGA using VHDL is a plus.
- Experience with analogue electronics.
- Strong hardware debugging skills and root-cause failure analysis.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, computer literate.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work co-operatively in a team environment.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work with managers and senior technical staff to develop digital products and their associated designs.
- Gain detailed knowledge and understanding of existing designs. Support and maintain existing products.
- Produce clear and concise design documentation of hardware designs.
- Able to work to a project plan, tracking progress, identifying risks, anticipating delays and communicating such to the project leader.
- Perform other activities and responsibilities as directed.
Does this sound like the role for you?
Then please contact Callum Dupree email@example.com