Hardware Design Engineer
Location – Edinburgh
Salary - £35,000 to £50,000
If you’re a Hardware Wizard looking for a new challenge, looking to get in with an international company and make innovative ideas happen – you should speak with this company, you won’t be disappointed.
With over 300 customers in over 50 countries around the world this truly is a company like no other, now’s your chance to rub shoulders with some of the most exciting companies in the world!
You’ll be working on creating high speed, high performance digital designs and taking these through the full cycle into manufacturing. Estimating and delivering on timescales based on the requirements and supporting the quality-oriented activities to deliver an exceptional product to the delight of their international customers.
What they are looking for in you:
- Educated to Degree level in Electronics or equivalent subject.
- Proven high speed, complex, schematic design experience –preferably with OrCAD.
- Experience of designing complex multi-layer PCBs.
- Ability to develop architectures from a product specification.
- Ability to work closely with others in a multi-discipline team.
- Detail orientated and driven to deliver in dynamic environment.
Experience in any of the following specific areas will also be beneficial:
- VHDL design.
- Knowledge of FPGAs and high-speed memory technologies.
- High speed serial I/O design to 25Gbit/s.
- Power and clocking distribution in a system.
- Knowledge of Ethernet packet structures and Telecoms Framing structures.
If you are interested in hearing more about this role please contact me on either Vincent@oakmontconsulting.co.uk or 0203 435 5598