Our client is the market-leading global flow control and instrumentation company, helping customers manage the flow or liquids, gases, and powders across many industries worldwide.
Exciting opportunity for a Firmware Engineer to jour our client’s high performing engineering team, working collaboratively across exciting new product development projects taking ownership of features and contributing to project plans as well as supporting our current products.
You’ll be responsible for aspects of the development life cycle, including development of core products, new feature requests and enhancements, development of new innovative products in line with formal design principles and processes.
In the role you will be influencing product development with your technical knowledge and encouraged to continuously adapt ways of working inspiring best practice in the team. Being both proactive and hands on you’ll work with disciplines throughout the organisation to deliver solutions in line with agreed deadlines..
- Fulfil requirements of the development life cycle from research and concept through to final manufacture
- Contribute to project plans to influence project timescales
- Respond to stakeholder specifications and develop technical specifications
- Develop and provide cost estimates in collaboration with other business disciplines
- Present analysis results and project solutions to key stakeholders such as technical leads, senior leaders and customers as necessary
- Ensure functional and non-functional test specifications meet compliance requirements
- Develop and prepare technical records and reports to demonstrate compliance with associated specification and any relevant standards
- Design to meet internationally recognised standards
- Provide of technical support to key internal and external stakeholders e.g. Sales, Service, Production, Buying and Quality Departments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics, Software or Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
- Industrial design experience
- Experience in C programming (embedded C)
- Proven experience of analysing, designing, testing, debugging and enhancing existing/ new products used in an industrial environment
- Experience of task management, defect management, requirements capture, verification and validation tools
- A good understanding of electronics and embedded software
- Unit testing/regression testing experience
Desirable (but not essential):
- Understanding of a variety of project management methodologies (e.g. agile)
- Understanding of control algorithms
- Electronics design experience