Position: Embedded Engineer
Salary: Up to £45k + attractive benefits
Oakmont are working with an exciting, innovative company who are building the world’s smartest heating system.
They are looking for passionate and talented individuals to join their dynamic expanding team, where, through the use of agile and self-organising principles, they help deliver quality products and services. They embrace the user experience by continuously striving to add value to products through automation, collaboration, and a proactive monitoring of customers.
To support their strategy for growth, hey are now looking for a talented Embedded Engineer.
- You will be responsible for designing and implementing technical solutions for new and existing products.
- You will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, solid communication skills, a desire to tackle complex problems and a genuine passion for technology.
- While you have a strong hardware engineering background, you should be comfortable with some basic C programming.
- You will also have an awareness of mechanical design and product life cycle management.
You will have
- 2-6 Years Embedded experience
- Experience in designing and implementing simple solutions to tricky problems
- Experience with build automation
- Understanding of RTOS based architectures
- Experience with maintaining and supporting over the air firmware upgrades
- Experience working with low energy devices
- Good understanding of hardware interfaces and key communication protocols
- Good networking experience with at least basic understanding of IP, network protocols (e.g. http, https, COAP, MQTT)
- Comfortable with using simple text editors and command line tools
- Proven willingness to deep dive into new technologies
- Sound analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Good knowledge of security as it relates to IoT devices and the known standards
- Experience with the agile methodology
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Passion for technology and innovation
- History of managing large scale deployments
- Knowledge of boiler/heating/cooling systems and industry protocols Automation tooling (Static Analysers, Code Profiling, …)
- CI/CD principles and best practices (Git-based workflows, ...)
- Knowledge of good clean code practises
- Have written and maintained reusable code bases
- A degree in computer science or related areas
- Share option scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Remote work option
- Clear career progression opportunities