Job Title: Embedded Development Manager
I am currently working with a leading manufacturer of utility monitoring solutions dedicated to help save their customers time and money. This established business has over 30 years experience delivering services to water, gas and electricity networks using remote data acquisition and services based on IoT products.
I am looking for a candidate with several years hands-on software development experience who is looking to step up in their career or a established manager that is actively looking for their next role.
In this key role, reporting to the Engineering Project Director, the Firmware Development Manager will lead a team of Software Engineers, ensuring projects are delivered on time and with the highest applicable software standards.
• Drive and manage the Embedded Development team
• Understand the business priorities, developing an execution plan allocating the correct resources to deliver project execution, as per agreed delivery dates, to a standard necessary for products that are shipped in hundreds of thousands per year
• Ensure that the best industry standard practises (such as coding standards, code audits, testing and use of standard tools and methods) are introduced and followed throughout all software development activities
• Be a team player: as part of the Senior Management Team, the Firmware Development Manager will need to collaborate daily with other Senior Managers within the Engineering Department and generally with other parts of the business (incl. Sales, Manufacturing and Service)
Essential Skills and Experience
• Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
• 5+ years’ experience in developing software (preferably with exposure to both embedded and mobile app software)
• 3+ years’ experience in managing a software development team in a highly regulated software business
• Knowledge in C# coding language and Xamarin
• Experience with embedded OS, and bare metal software development, preferably using ARM, AVR, PIC or MSP430
• Application development on Windows platform using C++ or C#
• Experience/knowledge of distributed processing systems over IP
• Experience/knowledge of Android/iOS application development
• Strong understanding of communications protocols (TCP/IP, I2C, MODBUS, SDI12 etc.)
• Strong experience in a fast-paced project execution environment based on Agile or Waterfall methodologies
If you are interested in learning more regarding this role please call on 0203 435 5598 or email email@example.com