Electronic Hardware Engineer
Position: Hardware Engineer
Location: Manchester/ Remote
Salary: up to £45k + attractive benefits
Oakmont are working with an exciting, innovative fast growing company, who are building the world’s smartest heating system. They are looking for passionate and talented individuals to join their team and are looking for people who have something new and exciting to offer.
The team are dynamic & fast paced, keeping up to date with the latest technologies, using agile principles to help deliver quality products and services. They embrace the user experience by continuously striving to add value to products through automation, collaboration & proactive monitoring of customers.
In keeping with their high growth strategy, they are now looking for a talented Hardware Engineer to join their agile cross-functional disciplined team.
- You will be responsible for designing and implementing technical solutions for new and existing products.
- You will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, solid communication skills, a desire to tackle complex problems and a genuine passion for technology.
- While you have a strong hardware engineering background, you should be comfortable with some basic C programming.
- You will also have an awareness of mechanical design and product life cycle management.
- 2-6 years Hardware Experience
- Experience in designing and implementing simple solutions to tricky problems
- Solid understanding and experience in digital electronics
- Experience working with low energy devices
- Experience designing multi-layer PCBs (1-6)
- Knowledge of designing a wireless enabled product
- Good understanding of hardware interfaces and peripherals
- Proven willingness to deep dive into new technologies
- Sound analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Good knowledge of hardware security as it relates to IoT devices
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Passion for technology and innovation
- Experience with highspeed PCB layout
- Strong knowledge of Altium Designer
- Knowledge of boiler/heating/cooling systems and industry protocols
- Expertise in automation and simulation testing electronics (LTspice)
- Proof of taking a design to production
- A degree in electronics engineering or related areas
- Up to £45,000 salary based on experience
- Share option Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Remote work option (when suitable)
- Clear career progression opportunities
- Growing Benefits Package!