Job Title: Electronic Design Engineer
Salary: Up to £50,000
I am looking for an Electronic Design Engineer for my client based in Bristol.
This early stage start-up looking for talented Engineers at all levels of experience.
Will involve working across the entire life-cycle of products, developing designs and collaborating with engineers across the production:
- Digital/analogue circuit design
- PCB layout/design
- Schematic capture
- FPGA knowledge a bonus
- Experience with high speed interfaces. Products typically feature an FPGA(s) and DDR memory, with high speed interfaces such as SDI.
- They will work with the Industrial Design team to assist with form-factor design, trade-offs and compromises.
- Design-in electronic components, create the schematics, work with the PCB team to layout the boards and the interfaces between the boards (most of our products have multiple PCBs).
- Bring-up the PCBs and get all the devices functioning. Work closely with the FPGA design engineers and embedded software team to ensure that the FPGA is hooked up as needed.
- Debugging board-level issues, testing the product across all corner cases.
- Work with the compliance team to ensure the product will meet all necessary requirements (EMC, safety, etc.).
- Work with the thermal team to ensure the product can operate in all required operating conditions in the enclosure form factor designed.
- We want to create the lowest power products in the smallest form factors, and at the lowest price point.
- It is a hands-on role with lots of measuring with scopes and probes required, reworking as required, as well as design work.
- Video knowledge advantageous (not essential)
If you would like to discuss this role further, then please contact me on 0203 435 5598 or firstname.lastname@example.org