Electronic Design Engineer
Location – Glasgow
Salary - £35,000 to £45,000
If you’re a passionate Electronic Design Engineer wanting to make your mark on an international scale, then look no further as this is an opportunity that can’t be missed!
With over 2000 Employees in over 5 country’s this truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity to get to work on some of the most impressive electronic projects the world has to offer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Designing electronic circuits and assemblies from concept to production release and maintenance.
- Debugging, simulation and validation of electronic and system designs.
- Testing and reporting results into the Development team.
- Reliability and regulatory testing of products.
- Creating technical documentation.
- Transferring design data sets to production for manufacturing and support during product lifecycle.
- Occasional UK and international travel
Education and Work Experience:
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject with demonstrable experience of mixed signal electronics and board level design. You will also have experience in full product design and development cycle from concept to production including maintenance and support. Any related experience within the laser environment would be highly desirable but not essential.
You will have:
- Experience in microcontroller, mixed digital and analogue electronic circuit design.
- Knowledge and experience in EMC / LVD regulatory testing and product design approval process.
- A good understanding of product design from specification through to delivery, with consideration for DFT and DFM.
- Practical experience in Schematics Capture and PCB Design Tools.
- Good prototyping skills and soldering with SMT components
- Good communication skills and the ability to create and maintain technical documentation.
- Graduate calibre, able to work in a team environment and with minimum supervision.
- Excellent debugging skills, ability to integrate and validate electronic and system designs.
Preferred additional Skills:
- Design experience in STM32F series ARM core processors.
- Development of test equipment to support production and manufacturing.
- Implementation of cost reduction programmes.
- Experience in CPLD and FPGA Designs, using VHDL.
This opportunity won’t be around for long! To get in touch please contact me on 0203 435 5598 or firstname.lastname@example.org