Our Data Management team has responsibility for processes, competence and tools for everything around data - acquisition, image processing, annotation, storage, analysis and statistical presentation.
One important step in the validation process is to run the algorithms and compare them to a reference basis, ground truth. The ground truth can be derived from reference data from other sensors measuring eg. the position of the driver or by graphical annotation. When comparing the recorded data to ground truth we can derive various key performance indicators (KPIs) for the algorithms.
For our processes, we have a set of software tools for recording, data processing and annotation. We are also constantly developing calculation scripts that we use to process the data and then as output calculate the KPIs and present them appropriately. Furthermore, we have big server park used for calculations and data storage.
As a data software engineer you will be responsible for the implementation of calculation algorithms in scripts, work with our own image processing tool chain and make sure these reach a quality assured level. You will develop new tools often on an early experimental level. In this you will have an important part in how we perform the validation of the world leading eye tracking algorithms.
You will have an active impact on the continuous forming of the data management team, its processes and projects and will work in close cooperation with the other talented team members. Your contribution to how we create our tools and how we handle our data will be of crucial importance.
The work of the Data Software Engineer consists of:
· Implementing new scripts for KPI calculations and maintain and develop the ones that we already have
· Work with our software tools, create new and develop the existing ones further based on new needs and improvements for more efficient annotation.
· Investigate new ways of synthesizing and processing images
· Keeping the current tool chain and scripts under configuration
· Working closely together with the team software leader and the computational expert so that defined KPIs is implemented efficiently and correctly in software.