25 days holiday, 7% Pension, Life Assurance, Health Cover, Training Budgets, Share Options & much more!
Oakmont Consulting are working with an exciting Cyber Security firm based in Central London who are currently looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join the team.
You’ll be involved in developing software across all their platforms and creating new products and capabilities, contributing to all aspects of product engineering within the team and taking the lead on creating software components for their current and future products.
What experience they are looking for:
- Experience with C++ in both a low-level and high-level programming ability
- Demonstrable knowledge of multiple programming languages (C, C++, Python, Java) and core computer science concepts such as concurrency, networking, performance, and algorithms.
- Understanding of Linux kernel drivers and kernel maintenance and patching.
- Experience in working with Yocto both using 3rd party layers as well as defining new recipes is a bonus but not essential
- Experience working with different toolchains, writing portable code and cross-compiling software.
What you’ll be doing:
Product software development
- Developing functionality for the product to meet the key market needs with a focus on delivering reliable, high-quality software solutions.
- Developing and maintaining board support packages, at the foundation of the software powering their hardware.
- Contributing to the scoping and design of new software and supporting planning and estimating, including responsibility for estimating individual development tasks.
Integration, test and sustainment
- Performing the end-to-end integration and test of software components and deploying them onto hardware through both manual testing and automated test development.
- Extending system-level test capabilities to support testing at various stages of the product life cycle, including hardware validation and production.
- Collaborating with hardware and firmware teams to mitigate risks in both the overall design and in the integration of hardware and software.
Continuous improvement and innovation
- Improving code maintainability, automation and supportability, e.g. code refactoring, code peer-review, unit test development and provision of stable APIs.
- Suggesting and progressing opportunities for innovation across the product, investigating new technologies and techniques, performing prototyping with the direction of senior leadership, and discovering new opportunities for new design improvements and product features.
- Participating in security reviews and assessments of 3rd party software; porting patches to 3rd party software to maintain a high level of security and reliability across all their products.
- Automating every step of securing the product, from vulnerability detection to security patch integration and test, using continuous integration practices and tools.
- Upstream software Review and Patching
For more information about this position, please get in touch with Hannah Stevens from Oakmont Consulting at email@example.com